Understanding how you see yourself in relation to others and the world around you – your self-awareness or self-perception - is vitally important. Also, important is being in touch with your feelings. This needs to take place before you can begin to understand others, your interactions with them, and what impact you have on those around you.
Emotions are not about being soft and fluffy - they are vital in helping you to make hard, direct management decisions. Managing your emotions well can mean managing your life with more influence and impact.
The course helps you to
- Understand how you perceive yourself so that you can develop better self-awareness of who you are and how you relate to others
- Explore what, when, why, and how different emotions impact upon your thoughts and actions
- Discover how to be persistent in your pursuit of personally relevant and meaningful goals
How to use your feelings of inner strength and confidence to develop the perception that you have of yourself.
You are going to get some insights into how you view your self-perception and how others view your self-perception.
The project looks at assessing how you see yourself from your perspective and asks you to compare this with how others view your self-perception. Use the information in this course to look at ways to improve the ways that you work with your self-perception.
- An understanding of how your strengths and weaknesses can support you or limit you in your life
- Insights about the lessons that you can gain from making sense of who you are in the world through self-awareness and knowing your values
An insight into how your emotions drive your self-confidence, your beliefs about yourself, and how you work with your life goals
- Course notes for each module
- Assess your self-perception exercise
- Practical activities to develop your self-perception capabilities
- Discussion boards to interact and share your learning with others
Find out how you manage yourself - how well you understand your emotions, how you control them and how you use them as you make your way through life. It is one of the ways that you use your emotional intelligence.
This course is available to you for 90 days from enrollment.
- Emotional Self-Awareness - Objectives
- Emotional Self-Awareness - Examples
- Emotional States. Traits and Styles
- The Function of Emotions
- Basic Human Emotions
- How Emotions are Viewed
- Noticing Feelings
- Emotional Management
- Handling Emotions
- Mastering Emotion
- Emotional Self-Awareness - Review
- Emotional Self-Awareness Course Notes