Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence ILM Endorsed Programme
Emotional intelligence is the ability to combine thinking with feelings in order to build quality relationships and to make good authentic decisions.
Emotional intelligence is different from IQ - cognitive intelligence, and offers a different perspective on success and performance at work.
Not everyone has the time to take an academic qualification in Emotional Intelligence, which is why Ei4Change offers certificated Emotional Intelligence programmes endorsed by ILM that can be taken online at any time convenient to you.
These are the benchmark for high quality, bespoke leadership and management training, and often mark the start of the pathway to a full qualification.
The first part of the Programme includes all the material covered within the Introduction to Emotional Intelligence ILM Endorsed Programme.
The second part of the Programme includes all the material covered within the Emotional Intelligence Advanced Programme.
The Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence Programme is the final part of the Programme and explores the construct of emotional intelligence in detail.
It covers the application of emotional intelligence with a business focus in different circumstances to improve and enhance performance.
The programme, also, covers the differences between emotional intelligence and social intelligence.
Reviewing diverse scenarios within work, leadership approaches are considered with emphasis on how emotional intelligence can be applied in managing stress, in decision making and in building authentic relationships.
The programme goes into detail about
- Emotional and Social Intelligence and leadership
- Communication and human factors
- Managing stress and developing stress tolerance; self and others
- The influence of emotion in decision making
- Using assertion to build collaboration and manage conflict
- Ethics and social corporate responsibility
Ways to develop emotional intelligence will be explored along with techniques to work with emotional intelligence.
This programme will give you some insights BUT developing your emotional intelligence will take you time and a lot of effort, and even then you are not going to get it right all the time!!
Who is the programme for?
The course is for anyone who is interested in developing their understanding of emotional intelligence to improve performance.
It will be of particular relevance to you, if you:
- contribute to decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are a leader in a team or in a management role and seeking to enhance and develop your career
- have responsibilities for people development activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are an independent or employed consultant, NLP practitioner, coach or trainer who support organisations in meeting their goals
How will the programme be delivered?
The online distance learning programme is delivered using our online learning platform that gives you lots of flexibility to study when and where you wish. You will have access to a range of learning materials on the learning platform, along with online video tutorials, quizzes, practical activities and some fun material - including series of complimentary crib cards.
You will have the chance to discuss and debate your findings around your emotional intelligence in a group discussion with others studying the same programme as you. You will be supported throughout by our qualified tutor - Robin Hills.
There are some exercises for you to do as a part of the programme to find out how you view your emotional intelligence and how others view your emotional intelligence. These involve some activity with other people and some reflection. They will help to guide you on what and how you need to change. [WARNING: this takes some effort and you may not like what you find out!]
To achieve the Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence ILM Certificate you will undertake three assessed assignments to ensure that you have understood and can apply what you have learnt.
This forms a key part of the ILM endorsed programme leading to you being awarded the certificate.
What is the duration of the programme?
You will have up to 180 days to complete the programme, but because it is so flexible, you can work at your own pace within this timeframe.
How will the qualification be assessed?
Assessment will be by three assignments. Each will take you about an hour to complete and support will be provided to help you with this. You are asked to post two of your assignments on the Discussion Forum for peer review and feedback.
What is ILM?
ILM is the UK’s leading provider of leadership, coaching and management qualifications and training. It is a specialist membership organisation that raises the professional standards of leaders and managers.
More information about ILM can be found here https://www.i-l-m.com/
You are participating in one of ILM’s Endorsed programmes through a recognised provider, so you are eligible for studying membership, which is included within the price of the programme.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Access to the LearningZone, ILM's learning and development portal.
- Over 400 digital learning resources, developed by leading experts covering essential leadership and management topics.
- The resource centre is a library of business magazines, management articles and books
- A suite of interactive career development tools and resources
- ILM events and professional seminars
- Access to the ILM community
- Access to ILM reports and surveys
On completion of the course, you will receive an endorsed certificate from ILM, recognising and celebrating your learning and achievement.
All modules are continually refined and updated to ensure they comply with the requirements of ILM as well as remaining current and relevant.
If you would like more information about this programme, how it is delivered, or would like to talk to us about delivering this programme within your organisation, contact us directly.
- The Inner World - Introduction
- Johari Window
- Self-Limiting Beliefs
- Assess your Behavioural Style
- Marston's Model
- High Dominance
- High Dominance Summary Sheet
- High Influence
- High Influence Summary Sheet
- High Steadiness
- High Steadiness Summary Sheet
- High Compliance
- High Compliance Summary Sheet
- Emotional Intelligence and DISC Poster
- DISC Summary Booklet - Do's and Don'ts of each Style
- Assessing Behaviour
- Your Behavioural Style Discussion
- The Outer World - Introduction
- Definition of Empathy
- Empathy has to be Learnt
- Empathy is NOT Sympathy
- Demonstrating Empathy
- Non-Verbal Signals
- Empathy Exercise
- Empathy Discussion
- Reliance on Expression alone
- Empathetic Listening
- Hints and Tips to Develop Empathy
- Importance of Relationships
- Working with Others' Behavioural Styles Exercise
- Working with Others' Behavioural Styles Discussion
- Motivation - Objectives
- Motivation Theories
- Rewards and Motivation 3.0
- The Motivational Meta-Program
- Level of Motivation
- Criteria of Motivation
- Direction of Motivation
- Source of Motivation
- Reason for Motivation
- Decision Factors of Motivation
- Motivation - Review
- Motivation Traits Exercise
- Motivation Discussion
- Stress Management introduction
- Optimism and Pessimism
- Health and Optimism
- Hints and Tips for Developing Optimism
- Working with Negativity
- Being Flexible
- Planning and Spontaneous Types
- How to be More Flexible
- Working with Change
- Working with Stress
- Draining Emotions
- Enhancing Emotions
- Putting Stress Tolerance to Use
- Emotionally Intelligent Decision Making - Introduction
- Objectivity vs Subjectivity
- Sensory Input Channels
- What is Really Happening
- Types of Filters
- Values and Beliefs
- Interpretations of Memory
- Understanding your Reality
- Observations of Reality and Behaviour
- Types of Problems
- Adaptability, risk and Innovation
- Stimulating and Destroying Creativity
- Steps to Problem Solving
- Tips around working with SCAMPER
- Emotions and Decisions
- Defining Willpower
- Controlling Impulses
- Amygdala Highjacking
- Working to Control Impulses
- Perspectives on Teamworking FREE
- The Importance of Relationships
- Working in Teams
- High Performing Teams
- Levels of Communication and Listening
- Building Trust
- The Economies of Trust
- Definition of Assertiveness
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Barriers to Assertiveness
- Choices of Behaviour
- The Rules of Assertiveness
- Aggressive Behaviour
- Passive Behaviour
- Assertive Behaviour
- Recognising Aggressive, Passive and Assertive Behaviour
- Methods and Techniques to Improve Assertiveness
- The Issue of Conflict
- Conflict and Trust
- Cycle of Behaviour and How to Break it
- The Use of Words in Conflict
- Working to Resolve Conflict