Building relationships is something that we all do having learnt these skills from birth. Developing healthy relationships as adults means building on these skills and refining them so that we can adapt around others’ needs as well as our own. We interact with other people in many different ways - some of these interactions are transient whilst some of these interactions are deep and meaningful.
The course helps you to
- Understand how to develop and maintain relationships based on trust and compassion
- Explore empathy and how to understand other people’s viewpoints and perspectives
- Discover how you work within ethical boundaries – your own and those of the groups and organisations you work with
How to act responsibly while showing concern for others on a one-to-one basis, in a team or for a greater community / organisation.
You are going to get some insights into how you use you your interpersonal and communication skills and how others view your interpersonal capabilities.
The project looks at assessing how you view your interpersonal skills and asks you to compare this with how others view the way that you use your interpersonal skills. Use the information in this course to look at ways to improve the ways that you work with your interpersonal capabilities.
- An understanding of how the way that you manage conflict to build relationships based upon trust
- Insights about the lessons that you can gain from being more empathetic when working with others on an individual basis or in groups
An insight into how your interpersonal skills can be used to communicate and interact with people better
- Course notes for each module
- Assess your interpersonal skills exercise
- Practical activities to develop your interpersonal capabilities
- Discussion boards to interact and share your learning with others
To some people interpersonal skills, such as relationships based on trust, empathy and social responsibility come easily. Whereas for others dealing with people can be slightly more challenging. People that are good with others can inspire trust and thrive well in teams and situations where they are required to interact in a multitude of different ways. Interpersonal skills are important in the way that you use your emotional intelligence.
This course is available to you for 90 days from enrollment.
- Empathy - Objectives FREE TRIAL
- Definition of Empathy FREE TRIAL
- Intelligence in Empathy
- The Development of Empathy FREE TRIAL
- The Way The Brain Works FREE TRIAL
- The Brain and Thinking FREE TRIAL
- The Brain and Empathy FREE TRIAL
- The Neuroscience of Empathy
- Demonstrating Empathy FREE TRIAL
- Non-Verbal Signals
- Reliance on Expression alone
- Empathetic Listening
- Hints and Tips to Develop Empathy
- Empathy - Review