Advanced Emotional Intelligence ILM Endorsed Programme
Emotional intelligence is the ability to combine thinking with feelings in order to build quality relationships and to make good authentic decisions.
Emotional intelligence is different from IQ - cognitive intelligence, and offers a different perspective on success and performance at work.
Not everyone has the time to take an academic qualification in Emotional Intelligence, which is why Ei4Change offers certificated Emotional Intelligence programmes endorsed by ILM that can be taken online at any time convenient to you.
These are the benchmark for high quality, bespoke leadership and management training, and often mark the start of the pathway to a full qualification.
The first part of the Programme includes all the material covered within the Introduction to Emotional Intelligence ILM Endorsed Programme.
The Emotional Intelligence Advanced Programme explores the construct of emotional intelligence in detail.
It covers the experience of the inner world; how attitudes, beliefs, values and preferences drive behavioural response and how feelings can be regulated with moreeffectiveness. The experience of the outer world is explored through empathy, active listening and working with body language.Motivation, resilience and managing change are covered from the perspective of emotional intelligence supported with the application of coaching techniques to develop emotional intelligence.
The programme goes into detail about
- Experience of the Inner World
- Experience of the Outer World
- Motivators and motivational factors
- Emotional resilience
- Managing the emotional pathway through change
- Emotionally intelligent coaching
Ways to develop emotional intelligence will be explored along with techniques to work with emotional intelligence.
This programme will give you some insights BUT developing your emotional intelligence will take you time and a lot of effort, and even then you are not going to get it right all the time!!
Who is the programme for?
The course is for anyone who is interested in developing their understanding of emotional intelligence.
It will be of particular relevance to you, if you:
- contribute to decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are a leader in a team or in a management role and seeking to enhance and develop your career
- have responsibilities for people development activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are an independent or employed consultant, NLP practitioner, coach or trainer who support organisations in meeting their goals
How will the programme be delivered?
The online distance learning programme is delivered using our online learning platform that gives you lots of flexibility to study when and where you wish. You will have access to a range of learning materials on the learning platform, along with online video tutorials, quizzes, practical activities and some fun material - including series of complimentary crib cards.
You will have the chance to discuss and debate your findings around your emotional intelligence in a group discussion with others studying the same programme as you. You will be supported throughout by our qualified tutor - Robin Hills.
There are some exercises for you to do as a part of the programme to find out how you view your emotional intelligence and how others view your emotional intelligence. These involve some activity with other people and some reflection. They will help to guide you on what and how you need to change. [WARNING: this takes some effort and you may not like what you find out!]
The Advanced Emotional Intelligence part of the programme will be released for you on successful completion of the Introduction to Emotional Intelligence part of the programme.
To achieve the Advanced Emotional Intelligence ILM Certificate you will undertake two assessed assignments to ensure that you have understood and can apply what you have learnt.
This forms a key part of the ILM endorsed programme leading to you being awarded the certificate.
What is the duration of the programme?
You will have up to 120 days to complete the programme, but because it is so flexible, you can work at your own pace within this timeframe.
How will the qualification be assessed?
Assessment will be by two assignments. Each will take you about an hour to complete and support will be provided to help you with this. You are asked to post one of your assignments on the Discussion Forum for peer review and feedback.
What is ILM?
ILM is the UK’s leading provider of leadership, coaching and management qualifications and training. It is a specialist membership organisation that raises the professional standards of leaders and managers.
More information about ILM can be found here https://www.i-l-m.com/
You are participating in one of ILM’s Endorsed programmes through a recognised provider, so you are eligible for studying membership, which is included within the price of the programme.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Access to the LearningZone, ILM's learning and development portal.
- Over 400 digital learning resources, developed by leading experts covering essential leadership and management topics.
- The resource centre is a library of business magazines, management articles and books
- A suite of interactive career development tools and resources
- ILM events and professional seminars
- Access to the ILM community
- Access to ILM reports and surveys
On completion of the course, you will receive an endorsed certificate from ILM, recognising and celebrating your learning and achievement.
All modules are continually refined and updated to ensure they comply with the requirements of ILM as well as remaining current and relevant.
If you would like more information about this programme, how it is delivered, or would like to talk to us about delivering this programme within your organisation, contact us directly.
- The Inner World - Introduction FREE PREVIEW
- The Johari Window FREE PREVIEW
- Self-Limiting Beliefs FREE PREVIEW
- Values FREE PREVIEW
- Assess your Behavioural Style FREE PREVIEW
- Marston's Model FREE PREVIEW
- High Dominance FREE PREVIEW
- High Dominance Summary Sheet FREE PREVIEW
- High Influence
- High Influence Summary Sheet
- High Steadiness
- High Steadiness Summary Sheet
- High Compliance
- High Compliance Summary Sheet
- Emotional Intelligence and DISC Poster FREE PREVIEW
- DISC Summary Booklet - Do's and Don'ts of each Style
- Assessing and Working with Ideal Behaviour
- Your Behavioural Style Discussion
- Sensory Input Channels
- Types of Filters
- Emotional Management
- Emotions at Work
- Emotional States, Moods, Traits and Styles
- Noticing Feelings
- Expression of Emotion
- Influences on Emotional Expression
- Expressing Emotion Intelligently
- Exploring your Hot Buttons
- Exploring your Hot Buttons Discussion
- The Outer World - Introduction
- Definition of Empathy
- Intelligence in Empathy
- The Development of Empathy
- The Way the Brain Works
- Thinking and the Brain
- Empathy and the Brain
- The Neuroscience of Empathy
- Demonstrating Empathy
- Non-Verbal Signals
- Empathy Exercise
- Empathy Discussion
- Reliance on Expression alone
- Empathetic Listening
- Hints and Tips to Develop Empathy
- Importance of Relationships
- Working with Others' Behavioural Styles Exercise
- Working with Others' Behavioural Styles Discussion
- Motivation - Objectives
- Motivation Theories
- Rewards and Motivation 3.0
- The Motivational Meta-Program
- Level of Motivation
- Criteria of Motivation
- Direction of Motivation
- Source of Motivation
- Reason for Motivation
- Decision Factors of Motivation
- Motivation - Review
- Motivation Traits Exercise
- Motivation Discussion
- Motivation Quiz
Emotional Intelligence Trainer, Coach and Facilitator
About the instructor
Hi. I'm Robin Hills. I am an emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator with over 30 years' business and commercial experience. I am here to support and guide you.
It is my intention to offer the best and highest quality courses on emotional intelligence available on the internet. Teaching emotional intelligence skills is a challenge at the best of times so these courses require you to take some ACTION and put into practice what you have learnt.
Please note that all classes are continually refined and updated to ensure they remain current and relevant.